Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A vote on secession in Sudan

So far, voters in Sudan are voting on secession. The southern part of Sudan wants to secede from the rest of Sudan. It is currently an autonomous region in the nation of Sudan. What do I think about this? Personally, I can understand why this is going on. There has been a genocide in Sudan of the Black people. Black people have been enduring this genocide since the 1980's. In a way, I can understand why there is a vote on secession. If secession will bring peace, well, maybe it will work. Personally, I have seen that there hasn't been peace so far. There have been clashes between ethnic groups during this voting time. I don't know what will be of a new nation. I don't know what will be of Southern Sudan. I know that there is oil in the southern portion of Sudan. 85% of the Sudanese oil output. It is heavily dependent on agriculture for its economy. Economically, it could work. It is a matter of making sure the violence end, and making sure that the secession happens peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment